From 19th of March 2020 until further notice we do not charge any cancellation fees for bookings, e.g. rentals and tours, that later might not be possible due to pandemic-related travel restrictions or due to recommendations of governments to suspend all non-essential travel and social interaction. So, if you book a tour or a rental with us now and your booking is not possible due to pandemic-related travel restrictions or due to recommendations of governments to suspend all non-essential travel and social interaction, you will get a full refund of your booking.
As always, we will keep doing our best to find solutions together with you in order to make almost anything possible. With this adjustment we aim to help planning your vacation, your recreation and your adventures as usual even in these unusual circumstances.
The following booking conditions apply to all our courses, guided tours or self guided activities with rented equipment.
Booking and payment
- Reservation of most of our activities takes place online. The activities that are not bookable online can be booked by phone or email.
• Booking of all our activities are binding, regardless of the manner in which the reservation is made.
• When booking, you pay the full amount. Once the payment reaches us, your reservation is made definite and your equipment / space is reserved.
- If an activity is canceled more than 30 days before departure the full amount is refunded, minus a booking fee of 10% of the total cost, or a minimum of 100 SEK.
• For cancellations made 8-30 days prior to departure date, 25% of the total cost is kept.
• If canceled 1-7 days prior to departure, 50% of the total cost is kept.
• If canceled less than 24 hours before departure, the full amount is kept.
Liability and Insurance
- Participation in all activities with Kayak in Grundsund/Balanspunkten, and for self guided activities with rented equipment, is at your own risk.
• In guided activities (tours and courses), you are covered, as a participant, by Kayak in Grundsund/Balanspunkten’s liability and accident insurance. However, we recommend that you always check what your own insurance covers.
• You are fully responsible for compensation on any damage to or theft of rented equipment.
• Kayak in Grundsund/Balanspunken has no insurance that you can use for rented equipment. Check if your own insurance applies to damage or loss of rented equipment.
• Kayaks and other equipment must be returned thoroughly cleaned. You will find facilities with us.
• If you choose to let us clean rented equipment we charge 300 SEK per person. The same sum will be charged for equipment not adequately cleaned. We would always like our next guest to get clean and properly functioning equipment.
• For all activities on the water, you must be able to swim.
• You must always use life vest when paddling a kayak.
• You notify us your planned route before take off.
• You are responsible for conducting all activities in compliance with applicable laws and regulations (sea rules, road rules, right of public access).
• If you are delayed, please notify us as early as possible.
Changes to or cancellation of activities
- A program for a guided outdoor activity is never but a preliminary plan. External conditions (weather, wind, precipitation, snow and ice conditions) determine what we can do and not. We reserve the right to change the content and geographical location of all activities, to ensure a safe activity, and the best possible experience based on the prevailing conditions.
• We reserve the right to, for safety reasons, cancel any planned activity. The decision to cancel is entirely reserved for Kayak in Grundsund/Balanspunkten.
• We reserve the right to cancel any planned activity where the number of participants is too small.
• Any activity cancelled by us will be refunded in full.
• We do not cover any additional costs (accommodation, travel, etc.) that a customer may have when an activity is cancelled.